The paperwork you complete will depend on your home school status:

  • First year home school (or returning after being enrolled in public school) or have a new address
  1. complete the “Non-accredited, Non-public School Full Report” and provide current vaccination records or a notarized conscientious objection statement.
  2. Compulsory Information annually.
  3. ED-01650-28 annually.
  • Continuing home school
  1. complete “Letter of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction”
  2. Compulsory Information annually.
  3. ED-01650-28 annually.
  • In addition, if you have a student age 12 (Grade 7): you will need to submit current vaccination records or a notarized conscientious objection statement

You must have on file at the District Office Compulsory Information by October 1 to home school your student(s), or the student(s) must be registered and attending Murray County Central Schools or a private school, to avoid being truant.

It is the home school’s responsibility to maintain education records, including report cards and testing scores (nationally normed reference testing results). These records will be necessary if the student enrolls in public school at a later date. Test order forms can be found at http://oms.umn.edu/mstp/home_school_testing/

The Student Report for Aids to Non Public Students (ED-01650-28) is also due on Thursday, October 1. If you are expecting reimbursement do not check the nonparticipation boxes on this form. The allotment for textbooks, standardized tests and individualized instructional materials for the 2020-2021 school year is $85.59 for students in grades 1- 12. This amount is subject to change as the allocation is provided to us by the state. Any forms received after 3:00 p.m. on October 1 will not be reimbursed. Please note: only expenses for the 2020-2021 school year are eligible for reimbursement. Purchase or order your materials after July 1, 2020. Receipts dated prior to July 1, 2020, will not be processed for the school year 2020-2021. You must submit receipts and the items must also meet the state guidelines. In addition, please sign and return the voucher to receive reimbursement. Deadline for presenting receipts and materials for reimbursement for the school year is April 15, 2021.

Home school information can be found on the MN Department of Education website: http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/fam/nphs/home/
If you have any questions, please contact Deb Bleyenberg at 507-836-8676.