Rebel Roundup – January 2022
Test Taking Season
We are approaching an important time for our students and staff as they will be taking the MCA tests shortly. Our district is evaluated and compared to all other schools based on our test scores each year. MCC Schools has a strong tradition of excellent scores and ranks very high in the state of Minnesota. I encourage you to stress to your student how important it is to do their best on these tests. In addition to working hard on the practice tests, students should get a good night’s rest and eat a healthy breakfast for best results. Thank you in advance for your support and assistance in educating your child. It truly does take a village to raise our children. Please check out our website for additional tips for study skills and homework help. I have included 10 Ways to help your child be successful during testing season.
1. Review the subject matter together for upcoming tests.
2. Make sure your child gets a good night’s rest before every test.
3. Serve your child a healthy breakfast on the test day.
4. Have your child dress comfortably and arrive at school on time.
5. Send your child off to school with words of praise and support.
6. Suggest that your child do deep breathing exercises to relax before the test begins.
7. Tell your child to follow directions carefully, and ask questions if something is not clear.
8. Advise your child to do the easiest parts of the test first, then the rest.
9. Remind your child to check over answers before turning in the test.
10. Encourage wanting to do well, but stress that one test won’t measure all your child can do.
Here is the MCC Testing Schedule for 2022
Please mark these dates on your calendar. It is very important that your children are in attendance on the days they have tests. Please do not schedule any appointments on test days.
February 14-18 ACCESS for ELLs (State)
2/14 - all grades ACCESS listening
2/15 - all grades ACCESS reading
2/16 - all grades ACCESS speaking
2/17 - all grades ACCESS writing
2/18 - all grades ACCESS make up testing
March 7 MTAS & MCA test windows open
April 5 ACT at MCC for Juniors who register (National & District)
April 7-8 Grade 10 MCA Reading (State)
April 11-12 Grade 8 Reading MCA (State)
April 12-14 Grade 5 Science MCA (State)
April 13-14 Grade 7 Reading MCA (State)
April 20-21 Grade 11 Math MCA (State)
April 19-22 Grades 3-6 Reading MCA (State)
April 25-29 Grades 3-6 Math MCA (State)
April 26-27 Grade 8 Math MCA (State)
April 28-29 Grade 7 Math MCA (State)
May 6 Reading & Math MCA & MTAS closes (State)
May 3-4 HS Science (GR 10) Science MCA (State)
May 10-11 Grade 8 Science MCA (State)
May 13 Science MCA window closes
May Grades K-6 AIMS Testing (District)
Test results for MCA and ELL testing will be distributed at fall conferences. Information on state tests can be found at the Minnesota Department of Education website: http://education.state.mn.us/M...
While students are diligently working on achieving their academic goals, we encourage parental participation in all of your child’s activities, so please be sure to connect with your child’s teacher or myself with any questions or concerns. The latest updates and information on school activities can also be found on our webpage at www.mcc.mntm.org Enjoy our Minnesota winter and be safe.
Please contact me at 507-836-6450 x 5102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
MCC Elementary Principal